Swagadham Seva Samiti established in 21st May 2000 by Mr.Sarat Ku. Sahoo & a group of dedicated social activists and philanthropists from the Heritage Millennium City of Kataka (Cuttack) with an initial objective of providing an alternate Smashan Saudha (Crematorium) to the citizens of the City and its neighbourhoods, the Swargadham Seva Samiti has come a long way since then leading on almost every front of voluntary and charitable services rendered by the NGOs of the twin city of Cuttack – Bhubaneswar during the past decade.
It is a registered NGO under society act-1860.Its registration number:16150/22 2001-2002.Donation to this organisation is under IT exemption under U/S 80G
Vision & Mission
We visualize the poor of the society to get into the main stream. We committed to provide a technically as well as spiritually adorned Cremation Place ( Grave yard ) where the poor as well as the rich will get the last rites of their beloved ones in a better way. Along with we visualize a better world through spreading education, kindness to animals, and support to elderly needy people, encouraging sports & dedication.
AIM & Objective
- Pious Clean Spiritual environment for last journey of a human being
- Providing Technically advanced Hearse for People of Odisha
- Spread Education
- Encourage Plantation
- Awareness for dedication
- Awareness for wild life protection
On the bank of river Kathajodi, there was a Hindu Graveyard, a damp marshy low land. Most often that place was polluted by semi cremated dead body & its foul smell. Nearby school , children , houses being affected due to the improper cremation of dead body. It motivated Mr Sarat Kumar Sahoo & a group of dedicated social activists and philanthropists from the Heritage Millennium City of Kataka (Cuttack) with an initial objective of providing an alternate Smashan Saudha (Crematorium) to the citizens of the City and its neighborhoods, It gave birth to Swargadham&SwargadhamSevaSamiti . The SwargadhamSevaSamiti has come a long way since then leading on almost every front of voluntary and charitable services rendered by the NGOs of the twin city of Cuttack – Bhubaneswar during the past decade.
It is presently situated near the bank of river kathajodi,just left side of National Highway . The total area of the society is around 60,000 sq.ft. And covered by a written wall. In the premises of the “swargadham” some religious monuments are there, those are no doubt attract the people to get pleasure from their worried mind. The monuments like:
- MUKTI PITHA – it looks like a gallery in the first floor more than 200 people may sit and lookout the sights of cremation.
- TULASI TIRTH- There are 25 black tulasiplants .
- DIBYAJYOTI- a jyoti is coming from the “Pakasala” of Lord jagannath,puri. That jyoti to be used at the time of SABASATKAR.
- MANASAROBARA- the earth water is storage it. The water used for bathing and gardening.
- GANGADHAR- the water of Gangadhar use for drinking. The visitors and the nearest school students drink water from it.
- SABADAHA PINDI- there are two sabadahapindis. The first pindi only used at the time of flood and rain. The second one is used for all the time.
- SWARGADHAM RATH-It use for carrying dead bodies.that’s surrounding in between 15km to 150km.
With time this organization got involved in multiple facets of social causes & its continuous improvement for the society.
Values & Principle
- Providing a pious environment ( Along with Lord Jagannath’sJyoti Burning 24 * 7 in the premises ) for last rites of Hindu. We believe in providing a clean, spiritual environment, a place where we can get the feeling of temple.
- We believe in merit of poor students & stand beside them as a support to grow.
- Public awareness is the main backbone for the development of society. We work to create awareness among people .It may be wildlife protection, dedication, blood donation & many more.
- As a graveyard In spite of burial activities Swargadham also involved in public benefit & charity activities by it’s social wing SwargadhamSeva Committee.
- This committee extended its helping hand to people in earthquake-hit Gujurat in the year of 2001 January through Samaj Relief Fund by collecting money from general Public.
- Starting from 2001 , every year during October-November ( Karthik month ) , it arranges a pilgrim’s journey to JagannathDham for tribal, poor people and senior citizens staying in different districts in Odisha in free .
- Starting from 2003/04 every year in 1st week of January month we distribute Jagannathnirmalya , Prasad and photo in cancer ward of Acharya Harihar medical located in cuttack on behalf of SwargadhamSeva Committee .
- On the eve of Siva-ratri we offer diyas by chanting GEETA ( The holy book )@ Dibyajyoti Shrine Swargadham .
- On the anniversary of Swargadham( Dt – 21 st May ) we arrange “GEETA PATHA “ programme by all association members where one person elaborate mantras &Slokas written in Geeta by relating with real life ..
- Every year on the eve of Diwali (festival of Diyas ) we lighten 1051 diyas in Swargadham premises @ TulasiTirtha and offer 1 minute of silent prayer on the remembrance of patriotic personalities as a tribute to the Real Heros ,and their sacrifices towards our country .
- On the eve of RathYatra , we distribute water , glucose , sweet lime juice among thousands and thousands of devotees on behalf of Swargadhamseva committee .
- Every year in the month of September , one Sankirtan team of 11 members chanting Maha-mantra immerse the human remains ( more than 1000 ) to sacred river at Prayagraj , Allahabad . For this Swargadham gained glory not only in Odisha but also in entire India. And also this event was broadcasted in 66 different countries through electronics media.
- In the year of 2007 , on demise of 41 Badrinath pilgrims , we offered candles and remained silent for 1 minute on their remembrance and prayed god to give peace to their soul.
- In the year of 2008 SwargadhamSeva committee distributed relief ( biscuits , rice , flattered rice , distilled water etc.)to flood affected people in nearest villages .
- To modernize The Swargadham( Swargadham for Poor ) We are now planning to install an electric furnace for the poor as graveyard.
- Primary objective is to create a healthy environment for cremation according to Hindu Rituals. Along with its another objective to help needy people for cremation of their near & dear ones.
- Technically equipping “Swargadham” with modern Hearse & cremation furnace.
- Spreading education to the possible extent along with helping competent brilliant poor students for their higher study
- Encouraging people for plantation & follow “Go Green” saga
- Motivating people for Blood donation & “Eye Donation” ( Post Death )
- Helping “Natural Calamity” impacted people
- Creating Public Awareness for wild life protection & prevent cruelty to animals
- Encouraging young sports person for development of sports in national & international level
- Creating public awareness for dedication& different type of philanthropic activity for social development activity